Saturday, June 2, 2012

IT'S ALL ABOUT FAMILY!



Last month we celebrated the graduation of my oldest daughter, Natalie from Florida Atlantic University. I was very proud at her accomplishment because after all, it's not easy working full time, attending the university full time while raising a 5 year old daughter but it is the path she must take to get ahead in life.

Today we celebrated an equally important graduation. It was my granddaughter, Iliana's graduation from Pre-K. Some of you reading this may laugh since it is not the normal graduation to make a big deal about but I disagree. We live in a society where family has become a minority in home life. Children raise themselves, some parents put their needs before the needs of the kids etc. and in many homes accomplishments are not celebrated. I happen to be one who has vowed to make sure that as long as I am living, my granddaughter will have a sense of belonging, love and the knowledge that no matter what happens in life, she can reach the stars.  She is surrounded by her aunts and uncle who adore her, grandparents, great grandmother and her extended family. She is bathed in love day in and day out by all of us but what she does not know is that she gives us soooooo much more than we give her.




During her ceremony, she stood proud as they gave her the diploma with a huge smile. No doubt that she was mimicking her mommy's "big people's graduation" she had attended just a few weeks back. Afterwards, her grandfather took us to Little Havana's Cuban Restaurant where we laughed as she opened her gifts and we all enjoyed the moment while drinking Mojitos and dining on the foods we grew up with creating memories for her to last a lifetime. 

Please don't forget that life is a gift, a gift that we don't know how long we will be able to enjoy so make everyday, every opportunity, every special occasion count and be the reason that someone smiles. It's all about family and I thank Jehovah for blessing me with the opportunity to enjoy mine.





I love you my Princess :) 

No comments: