Thursday, July 29, 2010

Viva Las Vegas!!!


I was in Sin City!
I spent a week there at Planet Hollywood. I love that place. I went there with my sister Angie and our other sister, Diana, flew in from California to join us. It's rare that the three of us are ever in the same state so it was a treat. The main reason for this trip is to visit a family member who is quite ill and won't be with us for very much longer but at the same time, we wanted to make it as much a positive trip as possible so we had a sister get together :)


My sisters, Diana and Angie

We ate, drank, played the slots, won money and lost money. We had some deep discussions, humorous events and were able to bond a bit.  All in all it was a good trip but the reality is that Vegas is OK for 3 or 4 days, anything after that is overkill, for me anyways. Care to ask what the weather was like? Our first day there it was 114 degrees!! I know that I live in S. Florida and it is always hot and humid but 114 degrees in Las Vegas feels like having your face and body in front of the muffler of an old car while it's running. It was HOT and the desert scenery matched. I missed my beautiful beach :) I guess that in the end I can't deny my islander genes :)


Las Vegas, you were fun but I'm glad that I am home.....♥ ♥ ♥ 


No comments: